South Carroll County Special School District
Vision – Mission Statement – Goals
Preparing all students for success in an ever-changing world.
The mission of SCSSD is to produce empowered, productive citizens who will be continuous learners and contributors to our society. We will accomplish this mission, in cooperation with parents and community members, by providing our students a dedicated staff, challenging academic programs, and various extracurricular activities within a safe and caring environment.
1. Ensure policies and procedures are in place that provide an opportunity for 100% of third-grade students to read at grade level as measured by TCAP results.
2. Ensure policies and procedures are in place that provide the opportunity for every student to complete the eighth grade and succeed in high school.
3. Ensure policies and procedures are in place that provide the opportunity for every student to be prepared for success after completing high school.
4. Ensure policies and systems are in place so that high-quality, effective teachers, support staff and administrators are present.
5. Establish policies and procedures that ensure the effective use of financial and physical resources and promoting community involvement.